Healthy Neighborhoods Data
- High poverty neighborhoods in cities such as East Palo Alto, Daly City, and Redwood City have fewer healthy and affordable food options than their city averages.
- 1 in 3 children in San Mateo County drink one or more sodas each day, increasing their chance of developing diabetes by over 25%.
- In San Mateo County, 81% of workers drive to work and transportation accounts for nearly 50% of annual green-house gas emissions.
- San Mateo County has the fourth highest daily miles driven per person in the Bay Area.
- 39% of bike and pedestrian collisions occur within a quarter mile of a school.